04 October 2024

CPJ interview

Some weeks ago, I was interviewed by the Center for Public Justice's Emily Crouch on the subject of my new book, Citizenship Without Illusions. A transcript of the interview has now been posted at the CPJ website: How Do We Honor Christ in Our Citizenship? A Conversation with David Koyzis. An excerpt:

To be created in God’s image means that we have multiple tasks and responsibilities for the communities we are a part of, and not all of those communities are the ones that we choose. I did not choose my parents . . . . But we still have an obligation to communities that we have not chosen, and we do so out of gratitude. Likewise, citizenship is something that for the most part we do not choose. We are born into citizenship, and it is not something we should take for granted. We should be grateful for it, and that means that we should willingly fulfill our responsibilities towards these communities that have nurtured us.

I have been associated with the Center for Public Justice since its establishment in the late 1970s. It has done exemplary work over the decades, some of which is featured in my new book, now available from InterVarsity Press and the many online vendors.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Contact at: dtkoyzis at gmail dot com