16 November 2003

Excursion to Toronto

Two evenings ago four of my students and I enjoyed the hospitality of Dr. Jonathan Chaplin, who teaches political theory at the Institute for Christian Studies. We met at his home in Toronto with several of his graduate students for a light supper and a discussion of my book, Political Visions and Illusions, and my inaugural lecture, "We Answer to Another: A Defence of Authority Against its Recent Discontents," both of which they had read beforehand.

Jonathan had wanted me to meet with his students for some time, and an informal friday evening worked best for everyone. As he invited me to bring along a few of my own upper-level students, this presented a wonderful opportunity to expose them to a graduate-level discussion, in which they were quite able to hold their own. I was proud of them!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Contact at: dtkoyzis at gmail dot com