05 September 2005

A scenic upper-peninsular Michigan drive

On this Labour Day a trip along Brockway Mountain Drive, in the Keweenaw Peninsula of Michigan, would be a beautiful way to pass the time. Take the Brockway Mountain Drive Web Tour and see for yourself. My maternal grandfather, who was born not too far from there, took two of my sisters, a cousin and me to see it four decades ago. I was back in Copper Country with another sister 16 years ago, but for some reason we managed to miss this sight, which I forgot about until recently. At some point I may write in more detail about this lovely part of the world, nestled between the shores of Lake Superior.


Anam Cara at Spruce Lake, Michigan

Brockway Mountain Drive

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Contact at: dtkoyzis at gmail dot com