09 September 2003

Rooted in Christ

I've always rather liked the way the Jerusalem Bible renders Colossians 2:6-8:

You must live your whole life according to the Christ you have received -- Jesus the Lord; you must be rooted in Him and built on Him and held firm by the faith you have been taught, and full of thanksgiving. Make sure that no one traps you and deprives you of your freedom by some secondhand, empty, rational philosophy based on the principles of this world instead of on Christ.

This passage sums up rather nicely what I have sought to do in my book, Political Visions and Illusions. Perhaps I ought to have put it on a page between the table of contents and the preface. Maybe in the second edition.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Contact at: dtkoyzis at gmail dot com