01 May 2004

Pro-choice march

Here is the latest Breakpoint commentary on the misnamed March for Women's Lives that took place in Washington last weekend: "Don’t Tell Me What to Do: The Words That Are Unraveling Our Society." The issue is, of course, abortion:

What we are seeing, of course, is the logical consequences of the desire for personal autonomy in an era of moral relativism. People can say with a perfectly straight face and without a twinge of conscience, “Yeah, it is wrong. It is murder. But nobody is going to tell me I can’t do it.” . . .

The “don’t tell me what to do” mentality will unravel the very fabric of our society. If people actually believe that their autonomy is so important that it gives them the right to kill the innocent, then none of us is safe. I wonder how many of those folks getting bused to Washington ever thought of that.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Contact at: dtkoyzis at gmail dot com