11 July 2003

My childhood church

I was brought up at Bethel Presbyterian Church in Wheaton, Illinois, at a time when it met in the basement of a building on Union Street, just down from Wheaton College's famous Blanchard Hall. Most of this church's members would eventually end up as Immanuel Presbyterian Church, now in nearby Warrenville. (It's a long story.)

Recently I've been singing through a book of sunday school songs with Theresa, while accompanying on guitar, and some of these I recall singing at Bethel. In addition to bringing back good memories, these have also made me thankful for my early upbringing in the faith and for the many people, particularly at Bethel, who contributed to that.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Contact at: dtkoyzis at gmail dot com