21 August 2003

Return to Catholicism

Here's an interesting autobiographical essay by Dr. Eduardo Echeverria, titled, "My Journey Home," detailing his Mexican birth and American upbringing, his conversion at Francis Schaeffer's l'Abri, his immersion in the neo-calvinism of Kuyper and Dooyeweerd, and finally in 1992 his reconversion to the Roman Catholicism of his birth.

In one sense I can well understand Echeverria's journey. It has always seemed to me that Rome and Constantinople have the ecclesiological arguments on their side. But I am less able to comprehend how anyone can leave behind the evidently more integral philosophical approach of Dooyeweerd and his heirs to embrace the more -- dare I say it -- dualistic approach of, say, Fides et Ratio.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Contact at: dtkoyzis at gmail dot com