14 June 2003

Historical atlases

I neglected to mention the presence in my personal library of a number of atlases and historical atlases. I have always loved maps and atlases, ever since my parents bought me a set of geographic flash cards at age 4. (Does that make me a "cartophile"? I'm not sure.) I have several antique atlases, dating from 1890, 1901, 1907 and 1923. I also have one published on the occasion of the Century of Progress world's fair in Chicago in 1933. Many years ago, in Milan, Italy, I purchased a copy of the Atlante geographico universale in 26 carte, published in 1902. I have always been fascinated by the shifting international boundaries in Europe, despite the fact that so much bloodshed and suffering accompanied these historic shifts.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Contact at: dtkoyzis at gmail dot com