05 October 2020

Ashford interview with yours truly

Bruce Ashford, my occasional host at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary in Wake Forest, North Carolina, has posted an interview with me on the subject of the forthcoming American election: Political Scientist David Koyzis on the 2020 Election Cycle. An excerpt:

What advice would you give Christians in America as they go to the polls?

To those Americans who believe that voting for one party over the other will solve the nation’s problems, I would advise them to lower their expectations. It simply won’t happen. Whichever party wins in November will bring its own considerable flaws to the policy process. However, I suspect that many more Americans recognize that the election presents them with weak options. Their expectations are now so low that they will vote for the party they believe will do less harm to the common welfare. Still others will cast their vote for a third party, such as the American Solidarity Party, which is trying to bring something of the wisdom of the European Christian Democratic experience into the American political landscape. This third option is one I personally find very attractive.

My advice? Cast your vote. Hold your nose if you must. And pray that, whichever candidate makes it to the White House, God will magnify his strengths and diminish the effects of his failings.

Read the rest of the interview here.

1 comment:

DJD said...



David: Thank you for doing the interview with Bruce Ashford. Your analysis strikes me as being on target. It helps me as I try to understand our turbulent political environment from a Biblical perspective. The sad truth is that most Americans are not well-informed on foundational political matters.

In many ways I think your life work has prepared you to provide insights at this hour. I plan to send the Ashford interview to many friends and family. I hope it gets plenty of exposure.

May the Lord's face be shining upon you.

D. Demaree





Dartt Demaree

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Contact at: dtkoyzis at gmail dot com